Recipients of Premier’s Breakthroughs Awards are industry leaders that are truly making a difference in healthcare. We congratulate and thank everyone for their efforts to improve care delivery operations, outcomes, cost and the health of communities across the nation.
2022 Premier Alliance Excellence Award Winner: Henry Ford Health
About the Premier Alliance Excellence Award:
Every year, Premier chooses a member organization that demonstrates an unparalleled commitment to healthcare transformation, using Premier as a key partner. This member exhibits deep strategic alignment with our alliance’s mission to transform healthcare together; consistently delivers an exceptional level of care, improving the health of its communities; supports Premier’s collaboration goals by freely sharing best practices and successes; and reduces costs and improves clinical quality and safety through broad utilization of Premier data, services and technology.
2022 Premier Cares Award Winner: The BreakAway
About the Monroe E. Trout Premier Cares Award:
The annual Monroe E. Trout Premier Cares Award honors not-for-profit community agencies, programs and health organizations that support those excluded from, or underserved by, the mainstream health delivery system. To be considered for this application-based award, a program must successfully address a worthy, well-defined, unmet need and must operate independently from a hospital or healthcare system. Applications are rigorously judged by two separate review panels on innovation, outcomes, ease of replicability, financial impact and future vision. Winner receives a cash prize of $100,000 from Premier.
QUEST® Award for High-Value Healthcare Winners:
- Adventist Health Lodi Memorial / Adventist Health (West)
- Montefiore Medical Center - Jack D. Weiler Hospital (Einstein Campus) / Montefiore Health System
- Montefiore Medical Center - Montefiore Wakefield Hospital (Wakefield Campus) / Montefiore Health System
- Montefiore Medical Center - Moses / Montefiore Health System
- Montefiore Mount Vernon / Montefiore Health System
- NMMC – Pontotoc / North Mississippi Health Services Inc.
- PeaceHealth Cottage Grove Community Medical Center / PeaceHealth
QUEST® Award Finalists:
- Adventist Health White Memorial / Adventist Health (West)
- Charleston Area Medical Center / Charleston Area Medical Center Health System
- NMMC – Hamilton / North Mississippi Health Services Inc.
- OU Health University of Oklahoma Medical Center / OU Health
- PeaceHealth Peace Harbor Medical Center / PeaceHealth
- PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center at Riverbend / PeaceHealth
- St. Joseph Memorial Hospital / Southern Illinois Hospital Services
- St. Luke's Sacred Heart Campus / St. Luke's University Health Network
About the QUEST Awards:
Premier and our nation’s leading hospitals created the QUEST collaborative. QUEST hospitals monitor and measure performance to ensure delivery of high-quality, cost-effective care. QUEST hospitals volunteer to transparently share data and define a common framework with consistent measures – something that previously did not exist in healthcare. Premier appreciates all their hard work and dedication.
Supplier Horizon Award Winners:
- Herc Rentals
- Mars Foodservice
- MXR Imaging, Inc.
- Sharp Electronics Corporation
- Shockwave Medical
- Typenex Medical
- Xellia Pharmaceuticals
Supplier Legacy Award Winners:
- Canon Medical Systems USA Inc.
- CDW Healthcare
- CONMED Corporation
- Contec Healthcare
- Exela Pharma Sciences, LLC
- Hamilton Medical, Inc.
- Merit Medical Systems, Inc.
- Owens & Minor
- Sysmex America, Inc.
About the Supplier Horizon and Supplier Legacy Awards:
The Supplier Horizon and Supplier Legacy Awards celebrate Premier contracted suppliers who’ve supported our members through exceptional customer service and engagement, value creation and a commitment to lowering costs. Suppliers that have contracted with Premier for less than three years are Horizon winners; suppliers that have contracted with Premier for more than three years are Legacy winners. Premier is grateful to them all.
Supplier Diversity – Member Winner:
Supplier Diversity – Member Honorable Mention:
Supplier Diversity – Supplier Winner:
Supplier Diversity – Supplier Honorable Mention:
About the Supplier Diversity Awards:
These awards are presented to both Premier member hospitals and contracted suppliers. These hospital winners have created active programs that effectively support minority-, women-, veteran- and LGBTQ-owned enterprises. These supplier winners have made important contributions to developing and nurturing diversity programs in their organizations and in their communities. During Breakthroughs, Premier awards their phenomenal and timely work in their communities.
Foodservice - Illuminating Excellence - Acute Care Winner:
- Rochester Regional Health
Foodservice - Illuminating Excellence - Continuum of Care Winner:
- Presbyterian Senior Living
Foodservice - Illuminating Excellence – Education Winner:
Foodservice - Illuminating Excellence – Finalists:
- Advent Health Daytona and Advent Health Palm Coast
- Baptist Health System Services
- Riverside Health System
- Keystone Villa at Fleetwood
- Patriots Colony Williamsburg
Culinary Competition Judges' Award:
- Culinary Competition People's Choice Award
- Creative Marketing Award
- Zenith Award
Culinary Competition - Finalists:
- Trail Ridge Senior Living
- Avera Specialty Hospital
- Adventist West - Saint Helena Hospital
Passion for Excellence Winner:
Spirit Award Winner:
About the Foodservice Awards:
Foodservice Awards recognize individuals and organizations for distinction in foodservice operations, management, marketing and culinary innovation. Suppliers that create value and members that strive for excellence are showcased in the PINC AI™ Awards Community as winners of these 2022 Foodservice Awards. Premier celebrates all of them for their steadfast commitment to top performance.
Supply Chain Excellence Award Winners:
- AdventHealth Fish Memorial
- AdventHealth Sebring
- Baystate Noble Hospital
- Dan C. Trigg Memorial Hospital
- Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital
- McLaren Lapeer Region
- OSF HealthCare
- OSF-Saint Luke Medical Center
- Presbyterian Healthcare Services
- Presbyterian Kaseman Hospital
About Supply Chain Excellence Awards:
These awards honor top performers based on four quarters of calendar 2020 data submitted to Premier's SupplyFocus® application and are determined per the following peer groups: community, teaching/academic, integrated delivery network and critical access. Winners are identified using four industry standard case-mix-index-adjusted supply expense ratios to ensure that organizations of diverse sizes and complexity are considered equally: supply expense as a percent of total operating expense, supply expense as a percent of net patient revenue, supply expense per adjusted patient day, supply expense per adjusted discharge. By celebrating the successes of these leading facilities, Premier aims to encourage all its members to share and adopt new ideas that will help us transform healthcare together.
The insights you need to stay ahead in healthcare: Subscribe to Premier’s Power Rankings newsletter and get our experts’ original content delivered to your inbox once a month.